- Synopsis: A biopic depicting the early years of legendary director and aviator Howard Hughes’ career, from the late 1920s to the mid-1940s.
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Stars: Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett
- Synopsis: It’s nine years after Jesse and Celine first met; now, they encounter one another on the French leg of Jesse’s book tour.
- Director: Richard Linklater
- Stars: Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy
Born Into Brothels
- Synopsis: Two documentary filmmakers chronicle their time in Sonagchi, Calcutta and the relationships they developed with children of prostitutes who work the city’s notorious red light district.
- Directors: Zana Briski and Ross Kauffman
- Stars: Kochi, Avijit Halder and Shanti Das
- Synopsis: When Jason Bourne is framed for a botched CIA operation he is forced to take up his former life as a trained assassin to survive.
- Director: Paul Greengrass
- Stars: Matt Damon, Franka Potente and Joan Allen
- Synopsis: The relationships of two couples become complicated and deceitful when the man from one couple meets the woman of the other.
- Director: Mike Nichols
- Stars: Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Jude Law and Clive Owen
- Synopsis: A cab driver finds himself the hostage of an engaging contract killer as he makes his rounds from hit to hit during one night in LA. He must find a way to save both himself and one last victim.
- Director: Michael Mann
- Stars: Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Synopsis: Los Angeles citizens with vastly separate lives collide in interweaving stories of race, loss and redemption.
- Director: Paul Haggis
- Stars: Don Cheadle, Sandra Bullock and Thandie Newton
Dawn of the Dead
- Synopsis: A nurse, a policeman, a young married couple, a salesman, and other survivors of a worldwide plague that is producing aggressive, flesh-eating zombies, take refuge in a mega Midwestern shopping mall.
- Director: Zack Snyder
- Stars: Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames and Mekhi Phifer
- Synopsis: A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.
- Director: Michel Gondry
- Stars: Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet and Tom Wilkinson
- Synopsis: The story of J.M. Barrie’s friendship with a family who inspired him to create Peter Pan.
- Director: Marc Forster
- Stars: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, and Julie Christie
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Synopsis: It’s Harry’s third year at Hogwarts; not only does he have a new “Defense Against the Dark Arts” teacher, but there is also trouble brewing. Convicted murderer Sirius Black has escaped the Wizards’ Prison and is coming after Harry.
- Director: Alfonso Cuarón
- Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint
- Synopsis: The true-life story of Paul Rusesabagina, a hotel manager who housed over a thousand Tutsi refugees during their struggle against the Hutu militia in Rwanda.
- Director: Terry George
- Stars: Don Cheadle, Sophie Okonedo, and Joaquin Phoenix
House of Flying Daggers
- Synopsis: A romantic police captain breaks a beautiful member of a rebel group out of prison to help her rejoin her fellows, but things are not what they seem.
- Director: Yimou Zhang
- Stars: Ziyi Zhang, Takeshi Kaneshiro, and Andy Lau
- Synopsis: A family of undercover superheroes, while trying to live the quiet suburban life, are forced into action to save the world.
- Director: Brad Bird
- Stars: Craig T. Nelson, Samuel L. Jackson, and Holly Hunter
- Synopsis: The murderous Bride continues her quest of vengeance against her former boss and lover Bill, the reclusive bouncer Budd, and the treacherous, one-eyed Elle.
- Director: Quentin Tarantino
- Stars: Uma Thurman, David Carradine, and Michael Madsen
- Synopsis: A look at the life of Alfred Kinsey (Neeson), a pioneer in the area of human sexuality research, whose 1948 publication “Sexual Behavior in the Human Male” was one of the first recorded works that saw science address sexual behavior.
- Director: Bill Condon
- Stars: Liam Neeson, Laura Linney, and Chris O’Donnell
Motorcycle Diaries, The
- Synopsis: The dramatization of a motorcycle road trip Che Guevara went on in his youth that showed him his life’s calling.
- Director: Walter Salles
- Stars: Gael García Bernal, Rodrigo De la Serna, and Mercedes Morán
- Synopsis: A determined woman works with a hardened boxing trainer to become a professional.
- Director: Clint Eastwood
- Stars: Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood, and Morgan Freeman
Passion of the Christ, The
- Synopsis: A film detailing the final hours and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Director: Mel Gibson
- Stars: Jim Caviezel and Monica Bellucci
- Synopsis: The life and career of the legendary popular music pianist, Ray Charles.
- Director: Taylor Hackford
- Stars: Jamie Foxx, Regina King, and Kerry Washington
- Synopsis: With a dead body laying between them, two men wake up in the secure lair of a serial killer who’s been nicknamed “Jigsaw”. The men must follow various rules and objectives if they wish to survive and win the deadly game set for them.
- Director: James Wan
- Stars: Cary Elwes, Leigh Whannell, and Danny Glover
Shaun of the Dead
- Synopsis: A man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother, and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living.
- Director: Edgar Wright
- Stars: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
- Synopsis: Two men reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment, embark on a week long road trip through California’s wine country, just as one is about to take a trip down the aisle.
- Director: Alexander Payne
- Stars: Paul Giamatti, Thomas Haden Church, and Virginia Madsen
- Synopsis: Peter Parker is beset with troubles in his failing personal life as he battles a brilliant scientist named Doctor Otto Octavius, who becomes Doctor Octopus (aka Doc Ock), after an accident causes him to bond psychically with mechanical tentacles that do his bidding.
- Director: Sam Raimi
- Stars: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Alfred Molina
- Synopsis: An eastern immigrant finds himself stranded in JFK airport, and must take up temporary residence there.
- Director: Steven Spielberg
- Stars: Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Chi McBride
Troy (Director’s Cut)
- Synopsis: An adaptation of Homer’s great epic, the film follows the assault on Troy by the united Greek forces and chronicles the fates of the men involved.
- Director: Wolfgang Petersen
- Stars: Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, and Orlando Bloom
- Synopsis: The Munns, father John and sons Chris and Tim, recede to the woods of rural Georgia. Their life together is forever changed with the arrival of Uncle Deel, though the tragedy that follows forces troubled Chris to become a man.
- Director: David Gordon Green
- Stars: Jamie Bell, Josh Lucas, and Dermot Mulroney