The story of how the novel “Mrs. Dalloway” affects three generations of women, all of whom, in one way or another, have had to deal with suicide in their lives.
What a magnificent film! An absolutely amazing tour-de-force trio of actresses deliver one of their greatest works to date. It is obvious to the eye that Nicole Kidman steals every single scene she is in with ease. However, Streep and Moore provide great roles as well. This is a film that I’ve grown to love after every viewing.
Favorite scenes: (Spoiler Alert!)
- Virginia confronts her husband at the train station
- Scenes of Laura with her son
- The scene involving all three women saying the same sentence
- Final scene
- Nicole Kidman (as Virginia Woolf)
- Julianne Moore (as Laura Brown)
- Meryl Streep (as Clarissa Vaughan)
1 hour and 54 minutes